Saturday, November 7, 2009

New Poll: If you could only use one utensil...

Last spring I was asked a fun question by a date: "If you could only use one utensil the rest of your life, what would it be?" "Spoon", I responded. After all, you can pick up everything you'd eat with a fork with a spoon, plus those pesky liquids, and how often do you really need a knife? The follow-up dinner date I was encouraged to order a steak, and after the waitress walked away he gave me a lovely spoon (it even had a ribbon on it). Fortunately, the steak that night was stroganoff style, so I didn't make too much of a fool of myself.

It's a question I've thought a lot about since, including as I've attended the first ever Foodbuzz Blogger Festival, being held in San Francisco this weekend. We've been served from all sorts of dainty little dishes with miniature sporks and forks and simple finger items galore. There was one gift in our goodie bags though that I can't stop laughing about, and has given me an entirely new perspective on the proper answer. Before I share it, I wanted to take a quick poll (if you were at the festival also, shhh, don't spoil the surprise). Enter your vote above, or come up with your own suggestion in the comments section for this post. And more on the festival to come, or check out my Facebook page for a few photos.

1 comment: